Studio Manager in E8 | Hackney
Why join our team? We make a point of acknowledging hard work and dedication. You’ll find the role challenging but rewarding; having the flexibility & freedom to make decisions whilst knowing you have the support of a great team. We value job satisfaction highly; our employees find it rewarding to help students discover a new sustainable fitness journey and to see them return to the studio with smiling faces.
We are looking for a Studio Manager to join our friendly and dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate with administrative/sales background to advance their experience. You should ideally be a self-starter who isn’t afraid to take control when needed, and acts swiftly under pressure. This role is based at our London E8 | Hackney studio, Monday – Friday morning and lunchtime.
As a studio manager, you will be responsible for running the day to day activities of our London E8 | Hackney studio.
The role requires a keen eye for detail, high standards and includes the following duties:
- welcoming students
- class bookings and payments
- managing studio schedule
- managing small flexible reception team
- staff development and training
- dealing with any building related issues in conjunction with Tempo’s landlords inc. drafting appropriate correspondence for senior management sign-off
- maintaining and updating all staff training documents
- organising bi-annual reception workshops
- general management and overseeing of studio maintenance
- monthly Studio Managers meeting
- account preparation and payroll each month
- point of contact between upper management and reception team
- recruiting reception team
- managing holiday and cover requests for reception team
- providing emergency cover for reception team and dealing with last minute class cancellations
- managing 3rd party maintenance including cleaners and handymen
- ordering stock and equipment and dealing with utility services
- ensuring all Risk Assessments are adhered to and up to date
- frequently looking for and suggesting improvements in the studios
- building relationships with other local businesses
The position starts on Monday, 1st November 2021, and we are offering:
- full handover, training and support followed by a three month probation period
- career progression opportunities within our growing business
- benefits which can be discussed at interview stage
- a vibrant and rewarding working environment within a close team
- friendly and dedicated students
- paid overtime
Our ideal candidate will have:
- at least one year’s front of house experience as part of a busy fast paced team
- MindBody experience
- Team management experience
- Google docs experience
- Administrative experience
- be upbeat, friendly and have an enthusiasm for pilates/fitness
- be an early bird (starting between 6:15am or 6:45am)
- the ability to relate to the requirements of students
- excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- the ability to multitask and think ahead
- great people and communication skills
- student-centric and approachable personality
- good team working skills/ability to motivate a team
- leadership qualities
Our philosophy at Tempo Pilates is to provide a remarkable service with a local feel. If this is something that motivates you… we would love to hear from you. E-mail your CV to email@example.com and address your application to Maureen Zalloum, remember to include a short covering letter with your CV. We look forward to receiving your application.
£27,000 – £32,000 per annum | permanent | full-time
(Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those we call to interview. )
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
–––––––––––––– • –––––––––––––– • –––––––––––––– • ––––––––––––––
Tempo Pilates Instructor
“The teachers are all amazing – they all have a similar fun, fast-paced energy, which together with the music is way better than your average gym space, and you get a much better work-out.” – Ruth, Google+
Tempo Pilates are always looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic instructors with heaps of personality to join our remarkable team. Are you passionate about Pilates and fitness? Do you love teaching with music? Got rhythm?! Well then Tempo Pilates is the place for you!
We are a local, independent bunch. We love what we do, teaching challenging Reformer Pilates classes set to up-tempo music in great locations. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and invest a lot of time in our training and development.
To be one of the team you need:
- A proven track record: industry qualifications such as REPS (preferred). Pilates mat training and/or reformer/equipment qualification a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent self-motivation: you will train small group classes, but will also be offered one-to-one personal training opportunities. Your role requires you to work well within our team of instructors and the wider staff network.
- A great personality: you need to help maintain student relationships in the studio and be positively active on social media.
- To be inspirational: we teach a very unique and trademarked method of Reformer Pilates. You are an ambassador for the brand.
- Flexibility: a mixed shift pattern involving mornings, evenings and weekends is standard for our trainers.
- Patience and empathy: you will have the ability to provide alternative exercises for those with injury or in the rehab process, and always provide inspiration to our students to achieve the best they can.
Bonus points for:
- Related industry experience – ETM class qualifications are advantageous.
- Familiarity with Pilates and its many benefits.
Got what it takes? E-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and, if interested, we will send you additional details. We look forward to hearing from you!